Friday, October 06, 2006

Coffe, Shopping and Dinner

Ok, so shopping is not my thing. But after an afternoon of talking, slowly sipping my delicious frupuccino while I sat with a friend by the window of a coffee shop on 5th Avenue... In fact, I hadn't gone shopping in New York yet (except for grocery), so time had come. Shopping here is really like shopping anywhere else. Once you enter a store, you abandon the city. There are jeans, shirts, sweaters on one side; on the other side is a loooong line for the fitting room and an even longer line at the cashier. However, it was fun. I went with my friend Camille, who claims to have a sixth sense to find the cute clothes!
Now I can say I've gone shopping in New York, and it's true. I bought myself a scarf! It's starting to get cold.

5th Avenue, just under the Empire State Building.

Full moon in Manhattan.

And because the magic of living in The City is never making plans in advance (because they simply come up as you go), Camille and I got back to the dorms but went right back out again! We joined another group of friends who were going to have dinner. What type of food? I don't know. What kind of place are we going to? I don't know. Where is this place? I don't know. But I'm going!!

We ended up in Corner Cafe Shop, a little restaurant in the corner of Broadway and Bleecker Street. I promise you something: if you come, I'll take you there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ladran Sancho, luego cabalgamos

DOn Quijote de La Mancha

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home